Former Chile boss and current manager of La Liga side Jorge Luis Sampaoli has praised the efforts of Manchester City player Samir Nasri who is on loan at the club.
The experienced coach opines that Nasri has picked up his career with his move to Spain and that he is playing brilliantly.
“The team breathes when he has the ball. He has so much quality that he is able to relieve us when we’re being pressured by our opponent,” he said.
Nasri seem to have revived his career, which was winding down after his injury while he was with City. He was always in the wrong end of media attention, with accusations of laziness and bad attitude. However, he has been the rallying point for Sampaoli’s men this campaign.
Sevilla finished second in their group in the Champions League and are putting up a tough battle for the La Liga title this season, slugging it out with Real Madrid and Barcelona. The French player said that he is playing well because the manager plays him in his best role. Continue reading “SAMPAOLI IMPRESSED WITH NASRI’S EFFORT”
Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola has defended striker Sergio Aguero by saying that the player is not dirty even though he has already received two major suspensions for bad tackles.
The first suspension from the English FA came after Aguero was found guilty of elbowing a West Ham player early in the Premier League. He was forced to miss three matches as a result of this suspension. Now, a horrific challenge on Chelsea defender David Luiz earned him a straight red card. Since it is his second suspension of the campaign, he will miss four games for City.
His absence will come at a time when the club have been struggling for form. Aguero has been the top scorer for the club with 10 goals this season. His last goals for the club came in the 2-1 win over Burnley towards the end of November. Continue reading “Guardiola Defends Sergio Aguero after Second Suspension”
Former Manchester City forward, Jo has agreed to a three-year deal with Brazilian Serie A champions Corinthians. The former Brazilian international agreed to the terms of the deal after passing a medical on Monday. Jo was at the club’s training ground in Sao Paulo to seal the deal.
Corinthians – six-time Brazilian champions – signed Jo on a free transfer deal after the player exited Chinese Super League club Jiangsu Suning during the summer. Jo used to be with United Arab Emirates outfit Al-Shabab but moved to China in February. While in China, Jo netted 24 goals for Jiangsu Suning. Continue reading “PLAYER RETURNS TO CORINTHIANS”
Corinthians have stated that there is no plan to bring Carlos Tevez back to the team.
Indeed there have been media reports that the Argentina striker might be signing back for the team in the days to come, and the Brazilian club was keen to deny the report.
Carlos Tevez is currently playing for Boca Juniors, and there was news that he might be signing for Corinthians after refusing to play for Atletico Madrid and Juventus. His agent was quoted as saying that the move was almost done and required only his signature.
Tevez’ agent apparently said that many European clubs were interested in signing the former Manchester United striker and that he has chosen to play for Corinthians instead.
However, a spokesperson for Corinthians has stated that there is no plan for them to make a move for the player and that no discussion has taken place between both parties. He said that at the moment there is no plan to bring Tevez back in the team and that all the news in the media are just unfounded rumors.
Carlos Tevez played for Corinthians in 2005 before making the move to West Ham. This was his first move to a European club and has since then played for different clubs in Europe. At the moment he stated that he wants to play in Argentina and that he has no interest in moving back to Europe.
However, West Ham claimed last month that they contacted Tevez for a possible transfer to the Premier League, and the player showed some interest. The only reason why the deal did not go through was that the player demanded a big salary which the West Ham board could not accept.
At the moment, it is believed that Carlos Tevez will be staying with Boca Juniors for next season.
Alexandre Pato of Corinthians has arrived to be part of the Chelsea team.
The winter transfer window is about to close for most teams now. Alexandre was held back from getting on the field as he was booked for intense training for fitness in the initial two months. The striker has only played two matches so far this season. He scored a single goal being in penalty position which was in substitute player form. At the start there had been two chances that he missed out.
Pato might not have made a great beginning, but his future is yet to be decided. The loan for him at Chelsea will finish by next month. The buy option for the player is 12 million in Euros. Corinthians would want to sell, but are also open to having the player reconstituted in the team. The two clubs are yet to make up their minds and hence, most media await the decision as does Pato’s agent. Continue reading “Corinthians, Looking At Sale Proceeds Of Pato”
Brazilian side, Corinthians have made their intention of taking forward, Alexandre Pato, if Chelsea does not want the player. The striker has had only two games this season for The Blues and he didn’t get complete 90 minutes in both. Chelsea have struggled this season with their strikers not hitting the net regularly. There are reports that the player might not get a permanent deal when his contract lapses this summer.
The 26-year old Brazilian made the move to Stamford Bridge during the transfer window in January with an option of outright purchase if The Blues were impressed. With the new manager appointed in Anthinio Conte, the former Sao Paulo forward may not be given a permanent deal. However, if he doesn’t get one from Chelsea, Corinthians have said they are open to giving the Brazilian another deal to continue with the club.
The Corinthians president, Roberto de Andrade, said:
“If Chelsea don`t pay for his transfer he will move back to Corinthians.
“And once back with us he will be used.” Continue reading “CORINTHIANS: WE WILL TAKE PATO BACK”
Liverpool, Arsenal, Manchester United and now Tottenham Hotspur are all of the clubs that have been linked with a move to SaidoBerahino. Berahino is a 21 year old English attacker who is currently performing for West Bromwich Albion but taking into consideration the amount of clubs that are interested in signing him; he might be moving away from the Hawthorns during this summer transfer window.
Tottenham Hotspur is attempting to lure SaidoBerahino away from West Bromwich Albion by offering the club an offer in the region of €15 million. Pochettino is viewing Berahino as a player who can perform alongside Harry Kane and turn into the main goal-scorers of the team.
With only 21 years of age, Berahino is an attract summer target that has entered the radar of many clubs. Berahino has a contract with West Bromwich Albion which extends for 2 more years and the club is believed to be demanding at least €30 million for the services of the English forward. Even at his young age, he has already been called up by Roy Hodgson as a player who can represent England in the international stage.
Berahino got selected to play in England’s U21 Euripean Championship campaign but eventually had to be removed from the tournament due to an injury. Continue reading “SaidoBerahino is a top summer signing of Tottenham Hotspur”
Southampton’s Ronald Koeman is incredibly proud of what his team achieved in this past season as the club managed to finish their campaign at the 7th spot of the Premier League which is the best position in the history of the club but Ronald Koeman has stated that expectations are high and even with this outstanding season, he wants to accomplish more things in the near future with this team.
Ronald Koeman told reporters: “It will be difficult next season, the expectation will be higher, but we can be proud about this season of Southampton. It is very difficult to get better because you get always a reaction from the bigger teams. But still, we believe in our qualities and the philosophy the club wants to bring. We try to bring young players in and play good football. If it’s the seventh or the eighth or the ninth position, it’s not all about position in the table.’’
Morgan Schneiderlin has been one of the standout performers for Ronald Koeman and Southampton in this season and the 25 year old French midfielder has caught the eyes of Arsenal, Tottenham Hotspur and Manchester United. Continue reading “The Premier League ended a few days ago but Ronald Koeman is already thinking about the upcoming seasons”
Corinthians maintained their own hundred percent winning record in the Copa Libertadores after a 4-0 victory over Uruguayan outfit Danubio.
The Brazilian outfit have already had a significant advantage over São Paulo coming into the match. They have now extended disadvantage to 6 points after São Paulo were defeated by San Lorenzo in their match. This result ensures that Corinthians can take their final two games in the group relatively easily. It would take heavy defeats from the matches in order to knock them off the top spot. Their final group match is against São Paulo.
Manager Tite seemed pleased after the match and this is also due to the good run of form shown by the club in the state Championships. Corinthians have a 11 point lead in the Paulista Group B after 13 matches. Tite said that managers can rarely enjoy their teams on the pitch, but this was an occasion where he could enjoy the match given that the performance of the players was amazing. Despite this victory, Corinthians still need to get some points in order to secure qualification to the next round of the Copa Libertadores. Reminding his players of this fact,Tite wanted more professionalism in the next two matches. Continue reading “Corinthians maintained their own hundred percent winning record in the Copa Libertadores”